The heart failure service can assist clients, with a diagnosis of heart failure, with the management and understanding of their cardiac condition. Services are provided at both Gosford and Wyong hospitals.
- Patient education and support as inpatient or outpatient
- Home visits
- Heart failure rehabilitation programs
- Weekly attendance on Monday 12.00 to 2.30pm at Wyong or Wednesday 12.00 to 2.30pm at Gosford.
- These programs include an exercise and education component. Education input is from a social worker, dietician, occupational therapist, psychologist, physiotherapist, pharmacist and heart failure nurse.
- Heart failure clinic. Held at Gosford Hospital outpatients department on alternate Wednesday mornings. It is bulk-billed through Medicare. Appointments are necessary, and a referral from your general practitioner is required
- Telephone monitoring and health coaching for all clients
- Implantable defibrillator support group meets quarterly with two meetings at Wyong Hospital and two meetings at Gosford Hospital.
There are several ways that you can be referred to the heart failure service:
- referral from nursing or medical staff on the ward or other clinical department
- other hospitals.
Monday to Thursday 8 am to 4 pm 02 4320 3934 or 02 4320 2532
Fax: 4320 5485
For general information about heart disease visit the Heart Foundation site.