Cardiac rehabilitation can help in the recovery after heart attack or cardiac surgery. Adults and young people over the age of 16 are able to access our services.
We provide cardiac rehabilitation in three phases:
- in hospital
- after discharge from hospital
We offer three options for cardiac rehabilitation:
- An information seminar. This is a three hour interactive seminar offered to people who are unable to commit to the six week program.
- A six week centre-based program for two hours, twice a week. This program consists of education and exercise.
- A home based program for people who are house bound.
Options 1 and 2 are offered at both Gosford and Wyong hospitals.
There are a number of ways that people can be referred to our services:
- referral by the cardiac rehabilitation liaison nurse (while a patient in our hospital)
- referral from another hospital
For self-referrals contact 02 4320 3635 Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm.