Wyong Paediatric Unit services are available to children aged 0 to 16 years for whom any of the following apply:
- are acutely unwell
- have a chronic and complex condition that requires specialist care
- have a general paediatric complaint requiring specialist paediatric assessment.
A referral from a GP, the Emergency Department, Children’s Ward or another hospital is required to access clinics.
Complete the referral form for acute and urgent referrals or routine outpatient clinics.
Email the referral to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 4394 7587
Acute and urgent and routine outpatient clinics
GPs should contact the unit on 02 4394 7586 (select 1 from the options) to discuss the referral
Referrals should be addressed to Doctors Rattan, Susa, Pascoe, Thit San and Malhotra and include the following information:
- parent/carer details (phone – home and mobile, earliest time they can be contacted)
- diagnosis or presenting complaint
- summary of assessment and management to date
- reason for referral.
Referrals will be triaged daily and families contacted by letter with an appointment time. Families are asked to confirm the appointment.
Acute and urgent services
Paediatric consultation or review services operate 7 days per week.
Monday to Friday 7:00am to 5:30pm
Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Routine paediatric outpatient clinics
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm