Family Assessment Consultation Education Therapy Services (FACETS) is a clinical therapy team consisting of experienced social workers, clinical psychologists and a perinatal, child and adolescent psychiatrist.
The team provides a family-focused therapy service for pre-school and primary school-aged children and their families, addressing concerns about the child’s behaviour, emotions, social relationships and development.
FACETS services are based at community health centres in Gosford (Gateway Centre), Woy Woy, Kincumber, Long Jetty, Lake Haven and Wyong Central.
FACETS offer the following services:
- information, education and advocacy for parents, carers and professionals
- comprehensive assessments to understand the needs of both the referred child and the family
- family therapy, utilising the resources of the family
- groups for children, parents and carers
- parent-child relationship therapy with a focus on attachment
- behaviour management
- child therapy
Services are provided 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Families refer by directly calling one of the centralised intake lines:
- For school-age children from Kindergarten to Year 6, contact FACETS intake line on 02 4328 7988.
- For pre-school age children, contact the Perinatal intake line on 02 4328 7901.
Families need to make the call to refer however health professionals and agencies can also call to provide additional information.
Referrals are assessed on their appropriateness for FACETS services. Not all referrals are accepted by the team and, where indicated, a more appropriate assessment or therapy service will be recommended.
Referrals accepted for FACETS services are placed on a waiting list for a consultation appointment. Referrals determined to be urgent may receive earlier access to the service.