Outpatient Speech Pathology services for adults are offered at Gosford and Wyong hospitals.
Outpatient services for:
Swallowing difficulties and patients requiring Videofluroscopic Swallow Studies (VFSS):
- Coughing or choking on swallowing
- Food getting stuck in the throat
- Recurrent (aspiration) pneumonias or unexplained chest infections
- VFSS requires a medical referral with the provider number specifically requesting the procedure
Laryngectomy (Gosford Hospital only)
Communication difficulties of unknown aetiology (diagnostic only):
- Dysphonia or voice difficulties
- Speech and/or language difficulties
For communication difficulties, only an assessment and report are offered for the purpose of supporting medical diagnosis. No ongoing therapy will be provided. Waiting times exist for all services, prioritised by clinical need.
How to refer to Speech Pathology for adults
To refer an adult for speech pathology services please call:
Gosford Hospital Speech Pathology 02 4320 3634 or Fax 02 4320 3694
Please note that a medical referral is required for swallowing assessments and patients requiring a Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study (VFSS).
If you would like to refer a child for speech pathology services visit:
We welcome feedback on any services received from our team and suggestions on how we can improve. To provide feedback, please contact CCLHD-Feedback@health.nsw.gov.au