CCLHD Nursing and Midwifery Program
Welcome to Central Coast Local Health District. We look forward to you joining us and helping contribute to our vision of a healthy and vibrant Central Coast community. The Central Coast strikes the perfect balance between regional and metro, bordered by stunning bush and beaches. Live and work as part of our diverse community and make a real difference to the people around you.
CCLHD is a large recruiter of new graduate nurses, and we offer a supported program in all of our facilities and services. CCLHD also offers a Transition to Professional Practice Program for suitable second year Registered Nurses after the Grad Start year has been completed.
Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD) offers a supportive environment to transition from student to practitioner, for new Registered Midwives and Registered Nurses.
CCLHD is comprised of a range of facilities at Gosford, Wyong, and Woy Woy Hospitals. It also encompasses services such as Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Services and Community Health. Each facility and service offer nurses and midwives a diverse and exciting range of experiences including emergency nursing, perioperative nursing, intensive care, mental health, Drug and Alcohol, generalist, and specialist medical and surgical experiences which provide a diverse range of opportunities for the nursing Grad Start program participants.
Each year our midwives deliver approximately 3000 babies a year as well as provide quality antenatal and postnatal care. CCLHD offers a range of midwifery and collaborative models of care; including Midwifery Group practice, offer modern birthing rooms and water immersion for labour and birth in our Gosford Birthing facility. CCLHD maternity services work collaboratively with CCLHD Ngiyang Aboriginal Maternal and Infant Health Service to provide culturally sensitive pregnancy care and parenting support.
CCLHD nurses and midwives are renowned for their innovative thinking and compassionate work practices which are celebrated annually at our CCLHD Nursing and Midwifery awards. This is in addition to our annual year in review publication, which highlights the progress we are making in using evidence-based practice to advance nursing and midwifery excellence in practice, education, leadership and research. Our nursing and midwifery research advisory group’s focus is to enable, grow and lead nursing and midwifery research in order to improve care delivery and enhance the health and well-being of our community. We are committed to engaging staff and fostering an environment where innovative clinical and business practices thrive, where teamwork is acknowledged, and achievement is recognised.
- Completing nursing or midwifery degree between 1 June 2023 and 31 May 2024
- Will meet all the requirements to become a registered nurse or registered midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) before the agreed date that you’ll start work
- Australian Citizen or hold a visa allowing ongoing full time employment in Australia
What we offer
- A structured program within a supportive learning environment
- Regular peer support sessions
- Program dedicated Education Consultant and Nurse Manager
- Performance feedback and skill development
- 2 intakes
- 12 month temporary contract working full time
- Positions at Gosford Hospital with rotations in antenatal clinics, birthing suite and maternity ward
- 2 intakes (early and mid-year intake)
- Permanent positions offered to Australian residents and temporary contracts offered to visa applicants. Part-time positions available at 32 hours per week and other hours as negotiated
- Positions in acute and sub-acute facilities (Wyong, Gosford, Woy Woy Hospitals and Community Nursing)
- 2 x 6-month rotations (medical, surgical, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health, perioperative, community nursing, , emergency department, paediatrics, coronary care, cancer services, medical imaging as well as drug and alcohol services)
- 12-month direct entry programs available in Emergency Department, Mental Health, Perioperative and Community.
- Applications open in June each year, apply through GradStart: Graduate nursing and midwifery recruitment – Careers in nursing and midwifery (nsw.gov.au)
- Interviews held August 2023
02 4320 5220