At Central Coast Local Health District, people are at the heart of everything we do. We believe that a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce is the key to delivering safe, high-quality health care.
We provide access to many benefits to help you balance your life at work and at home.
We offer a range of leave options to support your lifestyle including:
- Up to 4 weeks annual leave per year
- Up to 76 hours of sick leave per year after three months service
- Paid family and community service leave
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for child, adoption, surrogacy and permanent out of home care placements . Bonus 2 weeks paid parental leave is also available in certain cases. Up to 104 weeks of unpaid parental leave.
- Monthly allocated days off for fulltime employees working 40 hours a week.
- 10 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- 5 days paid leave for fertility treatments
Flexible work options are available to help you balance personal and family commitments with your work. Depending on your work commitments, you may be able to access a range of flexible work options including variation of hour hours, part-time work, job-sharing or working from home.
The quality of our services reflects the quality of our staff. You will be provided with support and development opportunities to enhance your skills and experience throughout your career with us.
We are committed to engaging staff and fostering an environment where innovative clinical and business practices thrive, where teamwork is acknowledged, and achievement is recognised.
Higher duties and secondments
Higher duties and secondments provide the opportunity to act in another position while helping you gain new knowledge and skills.
Study assistance is available for staff undertaking relevant tertiary studies. We offer up to 5 days per semester/term study leave. CCLHD may provide scholarships and other forms of financial assistance where applicable.
Our workforce is as diverse as the community we serve and we proudly celebrate our diversity by acknowledging events including Mardi Gras, Harmony Day, International Women’s Day, Reconciliation Week, NAIDOC Week and more.
Support for balancing breastfeeding and work
Central Coast Local Health District provides a flexible and consultative approach to support female staff in continuing to balance breastfeeding and their work responsibilities by:
- Providing information on different work practices that promote and protect breastfeeding and or to assist their return to work after maternity leave.
- Ensuring that facilities are available for the purpose of breastfeeding and/or lactation in work locations across the District, and
- Providing female employees with access to flexible work, rostering and leave arrangements, including paid lactation breaks.
The Social Club provides an opportunity for staff to meet new friends and enjoy time relaxing with colleagues outside of the work environment. A variety of events are held throughout the year, with costs for Social Club members subsidised.
Both permanent and casual staff can become members for $1 a week.
Reduce your taxable income by packaging eligible expenses to be paid to you tax-free, potentially increasing your take home pay by thousands each year. This can cover general living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses.
We’ve partnered with Fitness Passport to offer employees access to more than 1,700 health, fitness and leisure facilities across New South Wales at a competitive price.
Access one of our chosen vehicle leasing providers (LeasePLUS, smart leasing or Maxxia), allowing you to pay the finance and running costs of your car out of your pre-tax salary.
Employee Assistance Program
We have an Employee Assistance Program that provides a free and confidential counselling service to all CCLHD employees and their families to deal with professional, personal, health and work-related issues including:
- Counselling for personal and work related issues
- Adverse incident support
- Management support
- Wellness in-services
Counsellors are qualified psychologists and social workers with extensive experience. Services are provided free of charge and are available at all CCLHD sites.
Annual influenza vaccine
To help keep everyone healthy during flu season, all staff are offered an annual flu vaccine free of charge.
Caring for the Coast Awards
Each year we recognise staff for their outstanding contributions and achievements through our Caring for the Coast Awards. The awards celebrate teams and individuals who go above and beyond.
Nestled between Sydney and Newcastle, the Central Coast is a great place to live and work. Enjoy the beach or the bush, great schools, a vibrant food scene, bustling creative community and much more.