If you are a registered nurse wishing to pursue a career in midwifery, consider Gosford Hospital, at Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD). At CCLHD we offer a range of models of care for women and their families before, during and after birth.
Midwifery encompasses primary health care principles as well as emotional and social aspects of birth. As a student you will gain valuable experience to apply these principles supported by educators, mentors, clinical midwife specialists, clinical midwife consultants and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
(Proposed plan for the CCLHD MidStart Program requirements).
- Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA at time of application.
- Enrolment in and completion of GEMM (Graduate Entry Masters in Midwifery) at the University of Newcastle).
(The University of Nursing is currently in the approval stage to offer registered nurses a Graduate Entry Masters of Midwifery two year program from 2022. For more information please visit the University of Newcastle School of Nursing and Midwifery or contact Midwiferyemail@example.com).
What we offer
(Proposed plan for the CCLHD MidStart Program. Interested applicants are advised to contact the CCLHD program coordinator listed below for further information).
- 2 year temporary part time contract.
- Rotations through antenatal clinics, ante/post natal ward, birthing suite, and special care nursery.
- Applications for the NSW Health 2023 MidStart recruitment have now closed. Late applications cannot be accepted.
The 2023 MidStart Handbook has everything you need to know about the MidStart application and recruitment process.
02 4336 6526