If you are a registered nurse wishing to pursue a career in midwifery, consider Gosford Hospital, CCLHD. We offer a range of models of care for women and their families before, during and after birth. Midwifery encompasses primary health care principles as well as emotional and social aspects of birth. As a student you will gain valuable experience to apply these principles supported by educators, mentors, clinical midwife specialists, clinical midwife consultants and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Registered nurses wishing to become midwives are required to complete both a recognised university course in midwifery and be employed as a midwifery student in a maternity service to gain the necessary clinical experience.
What we offer
- rotations through antenatal clinics, birthing suite, postnatal/antenatal inpatient ward and special care nursery
- 12 month temporary contract working 32 hours per week
- supportive and varied learning environment
- interviews held July 2020
- two intakes each year (February and July)