Transition to Professional Practice (TPP).
Join us and transition from student to registered nurse or midwife on the Central Coast, renowned for its natural beauty and relaxed lifestyle. It is only an hour’s drive from one of the world’s great cities, Sydney.
Our skilled and supportive staff will guide you through the dynamic environment of health enabling you to become a safe and competent practitioner while being responsive to contemporary trends and challenges in healthcare. We can assist in the design of an individual clinical and professional learning pathway to meet your professional development needs.
The interview process is competitive and you should be well prepared. Part of the application process enables you to nominate your preferred areas of practice. There are five (5) preferences listed for CCLHD, please consider carefully and make an informed choice.
Participant information handbook (787 KB) provides additional information about TPP on the Central Coast.
Transition to Professional Practice – NSW Health will guide you through the application process.
What we offer
Transition to Professional Practice opportunities exist across our acute and sub-acute facilities providing you with:
- an individualised program to meet your needs
- full-time or part-time(min 0.6 FTE) positions
- supportive learning environment
- annual leave
- performance development and review
- opportunity to participate in a second year specialty program of your choice upon completion of the Transition to Professional Practice 1st year program
- opportunity for six general TPP’s to rotate through Mental Health(general/mental health) for 6 months