Central Coast Local Health District is hosting a special local event to celebrate Human
Experience Week (1 – 7 May 2023) in partnership with NSW Health.
The Central Coast Connections Expo will be the first of its kind, with the theme “All of Us: the
Power of Community” and is set to explore the importance of love, belonging and healing in
elevating human experiences.
Previously known as Patient Experience Week, Human Experience Week recognises that
the experiences of our patients, their families and carers cannot be separated from the
experiences of the caregivers – our staff and volunteers.
Carer Support Unit Manager Tia Covi said the event was a rare opportunity for local
healthcare staff, volunteers, patients, carers and the community to all come together and
share ideas and experiences.
“It’s a chance for us to gather, be inspired and reconnect,” she said.
“We want to celebrate our staff and volunteers for the positive impact they have on our
patients’ experiences and also hear from our consumers so we can explore ways to improve
local healthcare and ensure we have a person-centred focus.”
Highlights of the expo will include:
- information stalls with local health and wellbeing services and support groups;
- a conversation with nurse and humanitarian Sarah Morse;
- inspirational talk and meditation led by author Petrea King; and
- entertainment from the Glen Dance Group and Gosford Community Choir.
This free event is open to the whole community.
- The Central Coast Connections Expo
- Mingara Recreation Club
- 9am to 2pm, Wednesday 3 May
Virtual attendance registration via: https://redcap.link/CCLHDRegistration
Find out more about Human Experience Week here.