An additional (second) booster dose is recommended for people over 50 and other people at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19 such as:
- people living in aged care
- people living in disability care
- Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Pacific Islander peoples
- people who are immunocompromised
- pregnant women aged 30-49, in discussion with their doctor
People aged 30 and over can also access an additional booster if they wish.
You can get your second COVID-19 booster 3 months after your first booster dose. If you get COVID-19 before your second booster dose, wait 3 months after infection to receive it.
Speak with your GP about ensuring you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations.
For the latest news and information about COVID-19 vaccines in Australia, please visit: