Our testing clinics carry out free-of-charge PCR (nose and throat swab) tests. You are recommended to visit a testing clinic for a PCR if you:
- have COVID-19 symptoms but have tested negative on a rapid antigen test AND are at higher risk of severe disease, including those who are pregnant, immunosuppressed, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Pacific Islander, or unvaccinated
- have symptoms and can’t get a rapid antigen test
- have been asked to have a PCR test from a health care provider.
Everyone else can get tested via a rapid antigen test. If you return a positive rapid antigen test, you do not need to have it confirmed with a PCR test unless you are:
- pregnant (more than 20 weeks gestation)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- unvaccinated (16 years and over)
- a worker, resident, patient, or client in a high-risk setting where there is not a current confirmed outbreak. High risk settings include: healthcare, aged care, disability care, and correctional facilities
- asked to by a registered medical practitioner
The latest information on testing and self-isolation advice can be found on the NSW Government website:
For questions about your health, please call your GP or Healthdirect on 1800 022 222.
Testing Clinic Locations
Location: 75 Holden Street Gosford, adjacent to the Gosford Hospital P2 car park.
8am to 4pm, seven days per week.
No appointments needed. Walk-ins accepted seven days a week.
There is no age restriction for testing at this clinic.
The testing clinic at Wyong Hospital is no longer operating.
For a full list of COVID-19 testing clinics, please visit the NSW Health website:
How do I find out more?
A one-stop website with information and advice for the community and health professionals is available at:
This website is updated daily and includes FAQs about COVID-19 and the best ways for the community to protect themselves and their families.