How to prepare for an online interview
This year, all CCLHD Annual Medical Recruitment (AMR) interviews will be held via video conferencing technology due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The structure and format of AMR interviews otherwise remains unchanged.
Where and when
When your interview is scheduled or confirmed, you will receive:
- An invitation to interview via email from the JMO eRecruit System, providing information on the date and time of the interview, and identification requirements.
- A VMR (Virtual Meeting Room) number for the specific interview panel you are to attend.
Preparing for the interview
Please ensure that you have:
- A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed. Please avoid any back lighting that will cast a shadow on the screen preventing the panel from seeing you clearly.
- A device connected to the internet with a camera (webcam), speaker and microphone (these features are internal to most laptop and mobile devices).
- A good internet connection (at least 0.4Mbps for download and upload – see speedtest.net).
- Tested your connection the day prior to your allotted interview time using the VMR number: test_call. To conduct an automated test of your connection to the online meeting system, enter “test_call” instead of the VMR number provided. You should also validate that your camera, microphone and speakers are working properly, and that you can access the online meeting service from your location.
Please note: There are no added costs to you for attending interviews online. However, data usage fees may apply. A 15-minute interview uses approximately 130 megabytes (Mb) of data download.
Connecting to the interview
You may choose to connect to the AMR online interview using:
- A desktop or laptop computer (PC or Mac) using Google Chrome (recommended option).
If you do not have Chrome, you can download and install it (free).
You may choose to connect directly to your Virtual Meeting Room via the Pexip Infinity Connect Web App.
View detailed instructions on how to connect using the Pexip Infinity Connect Web App (84 KB). This includes a list of compatible browsers.
- A smartphone (mobile) or tablet. Both Apple and Android devices are suitable.
Most internet browsers included with mobile or tablet devices will be able to connect to the interview; it is the same process as connecting with a computer.
Alternatively, you may choose to connect to your interview using the Pexip Infinity Connect App, which is available from Google Play (Android) or Apple stores. View detailed instructions on how to connect using the Pexip Infinity Connect Mobile App (89 KB).
Please connect five minutes prior to your appointed interview time. If you are waiting more than 15 minutes, you may be automatically disconnected and need to re-connect. In this case, please follow the same process you used to connect initially.
Please be patient as the preceding interview may be running over time.
- Use a network cable connection to a reliable internet access point (recommended option).
- Move closer to the wireless access point (if not using a cabled connection).
- If using a mobile data connection, move to a location where there is a strong and reliable 3 / 4 / 5G mobile signal.
- Check that you have entered the correct VMR number provided in the interview invitation.
- Ensure your device is connected to power or has a full charge as there may be unexpected delays in commencing interviews.
Video and audio
- Check that you have entered the correct URL / web address (if using Google Chrome).
- If the other participants can’t see you, ensure you have selected the correct camera from the settings.
- If the participants can’t hear you, ensure your microphone is not on mute and your microphone is enabled.
- If you can’t hear the other participants, check that the sound on your device is not muted and the volume is turned up (not so loud that it causes audio-feedback).
Interview related issues
Please refer to your interview email invite for departmental contact details.
Technical and connectivity issues
- For non-urgent support, raise a ticket via the SARA portal (NSW Health employees only).
- For immediate support within business hours, phone eHealth Conferencing Services on 1300 679 727
- For immediate support 24/7, phone the eHealth State-Wide Service Desk (SWSD) on 1300 28 55 33 (NSW Health employees only).
Download a copy of the Annual Medical Recruitment – How to prepare for an online interview (227 KB) information in PDF format.