Better Health Self-Management is a free practical skills workshop for anyone with chronic health conditions. The program is designed to help you manage your health better and can make a real difference if you are:
- concerned about managing your health in the future
- wanting to manage your symptoms better
- not sure if your doctor and healthcare team are listening to your needs
- feeling worried or depressed because of your health issues
- lacking the energy to get through your day
- looking to speak with someone who has faced similar health issues.
Who can attend?
The workshop is for adults living with any type of chronic health condition, such as:
- lung conditions
- heart conditions
- chronic pain
Some 95% of people who have been to a workshop said they found it relevant and useful to their situation. Why not come and try it out for yourself? Family members, friends or carers are also welcome to come along.
When and where?
Workshops will be held at various locations across the Central Coast in 2019.
- Thursday 2nd May at Long Jetty Community Health Centre – 1pm start
- Thursday 16th May at Gosford Health Promotion Office, CBD – 10am start
- Friday 26th July at Erina Community Health Centre – 10am start
- Tuesday 13th August at Woy Woy Library – 1pm start
BETTER HEALTH INFORMATION SESSION – discover what self-management and wellness is all about at our 1 hour information sessions
2019 dates and locations TBA
Other dates are available, please contact us on the details below to find out more.
How do I find out more?
Call us on 4320 9417 for a friendly chat about the program or to book into a workshop near you. You can also email us at
Please read the BHSM brochure for more details.
Not ready to attend in person?
You can also get support to manage your health better from:
1. The Get Healthy Service
This free and confidential service from NSW Health offers friendly, expert advice over the phone to help you take the first steps to better health.
Phone 1300 806 258 for more information or visit
This is a free government website for safe, practical health information and advice. For videos and fact sheets on different chronic health conditions, visit
Other useful links
Self Managing and Self Management support video
Video courtesy of the Centre for Collaboration, Motivation and Innovation (CCMI)