Wyong Hospital Emergency Department, GP, Children's Ward at Gosford Hospital or allied health professionals (such as physiotherapist, occupational therapist).
- Acute Review Clinic provides medical and nursing review, treatment and support and care for children during acute illness. Short term observation and administration of IV infusions, antibiotics and fluids.
Note: acute referrals from GPs may be taken however the GP must contact the PAU before care for the patient is accepted.
- Telephone support is provided to parents of acutely unwell children who are referred to the service. Families may receive a follow up phone call if their child has presented to Wyong Hospital Emergency Department.
- Short stay service provides short stay facility to enhance the acute review clinics and accommodates short stay procedures such as administration of blood products or prolonged infusions.
- Outreach nursing and Hospital-in-the-Home (HITH) provides home visiting for assessment and treatment of acutely unwell children.
- Wound Clinic provides wound care and suture removal.
- Burns Clinic provides dressings and management of burns in collaboration with the Westmead Children's Hospital Burns Services.