Aboriginal Mental Health
The Aboriginal Mental Health Team support patients and families by:
- acting as a liaison between mental health clients, their families and medical staff
- promoting access to local mental health services
- providing education about mental health
- contributing to mental health care planning.
The team also works with Children and Young People's Mental Health (CYPMH) and headspace Gosford and Lake Haven to ensure accessible and culturally appropriate care for young Aboriginal people.
To contact the Aboriginal Mental Health Team, phone 4320 3500.
Aboriginal Youth Health
Aboriginal youth (14-24 years) and their families can work with the Aboriginal Youth Health Worker to learn about:
- relevant services that CCLHD has to offer
- how to find support around access to housing
- local employment and training options
- sexual health issues
- access to other Aboriginal services that may be useful.
To contact the Aboriginal Youth Health Worker, phone 4356 9333.
Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol
The Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Liaison Officer provides:
- triage and assessment
- support and advocacy
- access to counselling and other treatments such as detoxification
- referral to appropriate services
- appropriate case management
- information and support to relatives and significant others of Aboriginal drug and alcohol clients.
To contact the Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Liaison Officer, phone 4320 3057.
To access the Drug and Alcohol Intake Line, phone 4394 4880.